At Cure2Children we believe that every child has the right to the best standards of care. We are committed to ensuring that children with severe blood diseases like leukemia, thalassemia and sickle cell have access to an affordable cure locally. While there have milestones ahead, take a look at what we accomplished in 2012.
In 2012, Cure2Children:
- started the first Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) unit in Rajasthan, a region with 60 million people and thousands of children with thalassemia and other disorders curable by BMT.
- launched the Global Neuroblastoma Network, a worldwide collaboration to fight the most lethal form of pediatric cancer.
- provided the first Bone Marrow Transplantation for acute leukemia in Marrakech, Morocco
- initiated collaborations in Iraq and Sri Lanka where we hope to open bone marrow transplant centers in 2013.
- reached the first 100 BMTs done at our centers in Pakistan and India.
- registered close to 500 new children in our on-line database, reaching close to 1500.
- provided over 200 on-line consultations.
- provided more than 300 free compatibility testing for children with thalassemia
- facilitated the first meeting of the Sickle-Cell Disease Working Group
- gave presentations at scientific societies