The Thalassemia International Federation (TIF) World Congress – Abu Dhabi 2013, will bring together over 1,500 participants from around the world, to discuss avenues of action to tackle the growing public health burden of chronic and rare disease in the world.
This grand event promises to be the greatest and most important scientific congress in the field of Thalassemia and Hemoglobinopathies. Health professionals and Thalassemia patients /parents will gather in the world’s most modern, state of the art venue, the “ Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre”, four for days, packed with exchange of knowledge, ideas and experince from people of all walks of life.
The scientific program will cover all aspects of prevention, management and care of thalassemia and sickle cell disease, and a one-day patients’ programme including lots of opportunities for interaction and debates.
Congress aims to:
- Guidelines for the development and management of Thalassemia Day Care & Reference Centres.
- Optimal Care of Thalassemia & Hemoglobinopathies patients in the Emergency Room.
- Quality of life of Thalassemia patients with progress in new iron chelation protocols.
- Challenges in managing adult and geriatric patients with Thalassemia & Hemoglobinopathies.
- Patient communications tools and professional networking to improve access and care.
- Progress in Stem cell transplantation and Gene Therapy for Thalassemia.
- Prevention of Thalassemia and other Hemoglobin Disorders with special references to
problems in developing countries.
Who should attend?
- Patient Organisations
- Healthcare professionals/ medical specialists
- Academics / researchers
- Policy-makers at national, regional and international level
For registration and more details, please click here